HISTORY

Half castle, half palace, the outside is highlighted by its fortifications, crowned by two large defence towers, while inside is like a refined renaissance residential Palace for accommodation and leisure.

Located in a privileged and natural geographic enclave, its installations are adapted to today’s needs to make it the ideal place to combine work and relaxation, with all the comforts of a modern hotel and the charm of a mansion. Built in the 16th century, with the outside appearance of a castle and the refined interior of a renaissance palace, the building was declared a Historic-Artistic Monument in 1931. In 1985 it was attached to the National Institute of Performing Arts and Music of the Ministry of Culture.

The main facade is a preview to the peace that radiates inside, with its four main balconies, its renaissance windows and the arched front door, which leads onto a spacious hallway with majestic stone steps.

Built in 1533 by the first Marquises of Las Navas, the history of the Magalia Castle Palace is closely linked to this marquisate. Sixteen marquises made pacts and alliances with other nobles throughout history, to transform and enhance the Castle Palace, which at the beginning of the 18th century united the family through marriage with the Duchy of Medinaceli. In 1906, it was sold to the company Unión Resinera Española, and in 1946 it was donated to the Female Section, who converted it into a teacher training college. Finally, in 1976, after the disappearance of the Secretariat General of the Movement, it was transferred to the Ministry of Culture.

Escaleras
Arcos
Salon
Pasillo

alt

INAEM · Ministerio de Cultura · 2009

© All rights reserved  /  Contact